Thursday, October 6, 2011

Immortality

Woody Allen once said "I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it by not dying"

There are few people who could really claim that there life's work changed the world. I'm suspect Steve Jobs never claimed that his work changed the world - but to my mind, at least, I think he could have.
Like most new technologies it could be claimed that the Apple phenomena was a good thing or a bad thing - but the world as we know it would be a different place without Steve Jobs - no iphone, ipad, ipod, no Apple......no Toy Story etc etc. His legacy will certainly not die.

I wonder if he would echo Woody Allen - if he would have swapped it all for a few more years (let alone forever) with his family and friends? If he would have preferred life over fame and riches?
In the end "he who dies with the most toys - still dies"

Life happens (and death happens)
Reddy (or not)

No comments:

Post a Comment